Monday, September 22, 2014

A Morning Person's Observations #5: The summer's colors

The birds sit on top of this tree
This is one of the first times in Seattle I've been really excited when the summer was ending. The overcast sky, the slightly cooler temperatures, the shorter days. I'm loving it all. Mostly because it's all signally that it's time for the school year to start, and I'm really excited to be teaching again.

The p patch is full of dark greens. I went out this morning to sit on the bench and take in the world and it was actually wet for the first time in months. A light morning rain had made the whole garden smell earthy. There were some birds on top of the Douglas Fir, they were robin-sized but their silhouettes showed skinnier beaks.

Before I get swept away in the excitement and beauty of this fall in Seattle, I want to take a moment to reflect on my gratitude for this summer. The p patch gave some amazing colorful moments and helped me relax. I went from a stressful anxious time to a positive, relaxed attitude thanks to many things, one of them being mornings in the p patch with the plots of summer colors.


I wandered lonely as a cloud...



These remind me of the Lupine Lady

And this makes me think Tom Sawyer and friends were here









"The summer sun will set," she said, "if you leave it up there long."

Maybe someone else likes drinking coffee in the p patch :)

That floats on high o'er hill and vales



These flowers lasted through the first April rain, then turned to summer snow!


Rosemary!

David thought these were centipedes when we walked out to the p patch at night!





The squirrels love these chestnuts!





Another alleyside, same old dinosaurs :)

Can you spot the snail?

No comments:

Post a Comment